Chicken soup with crunchy peanut
- Roughly chop the peanuts or crush them with the side of a knife.
- Put oil in a pot over medium heat, a minute later add onion, ginger, garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft 3-5 minutes.
- Add chicken and continue cooking for another 3-4 minutes, until just colouring. Add salt and pepper, maybe a pinch of cayenne.
- Stir in the stock and sweet potatoes, bring to a boil and turn heat down to medium-low so the soup bubbles gently.
- Stir in ½ cup peanuts, tomatoes and greens then cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through about 15 minutes. If you overcook it the sweet potatoes will fall apart, you are going to get a thicker soup; it’s still going to taste great.
- Stir ¼ cup peanut butter, to chicken. Taste adjust seasoning, you may want to add more peanut butter and serve, garnished with remaining peanuts.